PDA

View Full Version : TC6.1 spurs and pinions USVTA

Pcola_RC
06-30-2012, 09:53 PM
Just wondering on what sizes to get because I don't want to have just one pinion and one spure. To start i'll run in the USVTA class and maybe later on Touring Car. I plan to purchace the Edge system from Novak (25.5) and they suggest starting fdr at 3.5. So that would be a 40t pinion and a 70t spur (those are in 48 pitch). I would like to know what is working for the size track you guys are racing on. I will be purchacing a TC6.1 very soon and would like the option to gear to track changes so, maybe two or three combs to start me off. Thanks for any help.

Shawn

Cegpcola
07-01-2012, 03:57 AM
You would need to look at a gear chart to find the actual Pinion and spur sizes for that chassis and its ratio which IIRC is 2.00, but I am running a FDR of 3.09-3.01. You would just need to play with the ratios a little, but if you get enough various gears to cover between 3.5-3.06 then you should be fine. I am still playing with my ratios as well as my timing on my motor. I have one VTA car on an edge setup, and another with the GTB2 setup. Just make sure you monitor your motor temperature, as if you start building too much heat in the motor with wild ratios then the motor will start to fall off at the end of the run.

Kurtis

BTW, I will be out there tomorrow, so if you have any questions feel free to ask away. I will be glad to help you out any way that I can.

Paych3ck
07-03-2012, 04:50 PM
I have a TC6.1 and I did a ton of research and work on getting the gearing setup for our VTA class. I have charts and everything to help you out. I can also show you which gears I purchased and show you what I am currently running. You can contact me directly if you like. I can probably save you a lot of time. Kurtis helped me get in the same range as the other guys racing, and from there it is just a matter of picking which one you like the best. Let me know if I can help.

Pcola_RC
07-19-2012, 10:40 PM
Thank you for the replys, I ordered the kit Tues. and should get it on fri. I still need to buy the electronics though, but at least I can stat building the kit. The transponders have not come in yet last time I checked so maybe when I get the rest of the stuff they will be in. So hopefully in august I can get in on the action, can't wait!

Shawn