- Your number one goal should be to have FUN. If you're not having fun, something is wrong.
- your second goal should be to finish a race. Not win a race - finish a race. You can't win if you don't finish.
- One trick won't cost you a penny and will actually save you money and everyone can do this. Slow down. In racing slower is faster. If you keep your car at a speed where you can control it and look at what's happening on the track you will get faster and have less breakage.
- Learn how to set you car up. Tuning the shocks, tow-in, camber etc.. can make a big difference.
- Try different bodies, you will be surprised how much difference a body can make on handling.
- Watch the better drivers go around the track. They drive a line - try to follow their line.
- When you think you are ready for it, buy a computer radio. You can fine tune your car with dual rates and exponential.
- Keep in mind that the best drivers out at the races had to start somewhere - it just takes practice.
- Most racers will share their knowledge with other racers. The best time to do this is to show up at least an hour before the race time. During the races they want to get their cars ready too.